TITLE: Licensed Social Worker (Community Resource Center & Food Pantry)
ElderNet of Lower Merion and Narberth, Bryn Mawr, PA
POSITION: Full-time, Non-exempt
SALARY: $39,000 TO $42,000
HOURS: Monday through Friday – 9:00am – 4:30pm
ElderNet of Lower Merion and Narberth was founded in 1976 in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. ElderNet is a nonprofit organization that provides a safety net for older adults and adults of all ages living with disabilities to help them remain at home with dignity, and provides food and financial stability for all community members in need of support.
ElderNet is seeking a team oriented, collaborative Social Worker to join our staff. In addition to care management responsibilities for older adults and adults living with disabilities, this Social Worker will also provide services and referrals to participants of all ages who wish to utilize our community resource center and food pantry.
This position requires excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills. A team oriented and collaborative approach is vital to ElderNet programming.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Complete psycho-social evaluation of participants in their homes or in the walk-in center
- Develop care plans for participant and caregiver (if appropriate) and assist with implementation of the care plan in order to help participant remain independently in their home, if appropriate
- Connect participants to public benefits and community resources
- Provide in home and community-based care management
- Monitor the participant’s condition, via phone calls and home visits, for as long as needed
- Collaborate with other staff and social service agencies on participant’s behalf
- Maintain detailed, regular documentation on participant’s status
- Track information needed for grant funding, as required
- Complete participant intakes for those requesting emergency financial funds, verify information provided, and make recommendations for distribution of funds to be approved by the Executive Director and/or Office Manager
- Respond to police and other agency referrals in a timely manner
- Represent ElderNet at conferences and meetings as requested by the Executive Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- LSW required or must possess within six months of hire
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience working with older adults
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a car available, a current driver’s license and insurance coverage.
- Driver’s record must be free of citations
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and an understanding of community health, welfare, and social agencies
- Evening/weekend hours as necessary
ElderNet of Lower Merion and Narberth is an equal opportunity employer. ElderNet does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religious creed, ancestry, age, sex, national origin, handicap or disability, use of guide or support animals because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other status protected by law. ElderNet will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
A cover letter and resume should be submitted to Brandon Trombetta, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 610.525.7106, or can be mailed to 9 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010.